PowerNotes is an easy to use research and note-taking program that enables you to:
Go to www.powernotes.com to get the extension.
1. Log in with your full Lanier Tech email and password. If you are on campus, you will see the OpenAthens logo on the login screen. Click on it to login. If you are off campus, you will still login with your full LTC STUDENT EMAIL and password.
2. Wayfinder.openathens.net wants to Know your location. You can Allow or Block. That choice is up to you.
3. In the Sign in to PowerNotes Box, Find your institution, start typing Lanier, When Lanier Technical College appears below the search box, then click the arrow beside it.
4. You will be redirected to the OpenAthens Login page. Choose how to sign in and go through the 2 part verification process.
5. If you have not installed the browser extension yet, the browser will ask if you would like to install it now. Go ahead and follow the process for installing it on the browser of your choice. It is not available yet for Safari. Install the PowerNotes Chrome extension (you can also install the Chrome extension on the Microsoft Edge browser) or Firefox extension, then follow the prompts from the extension to create your account. If you’re a student, remember to sign up with your school email address.